10 Healthy Snacks To Satisfy Cravings
Are you a guilty snack-eater? Through your worries out to the door! Jot down these 10 snack ideas that are both healthy and delicious to enjoy between meals.
- Yogurt Smoothie: Add to a blender or a high-speed drink mixer a ¼-cup of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt; ½-cup of vanilla soy milk; four frozen strawberries; half of a frozen banana; and two tablespoons of honey. Blend until smooth.
- String Cheese: This is a great way to win the battle against mid-day hunger at work. By the time you peel through each string, you’ll think you ate a meal.
- Pretzels: Do you ever have a carb and crunch craving at the same time? Eat a single serving of pretzels.
- Strawberries and Hershey’s® chocolate sauce: Are you a chocaholic? Take six fresh strawberries, slice them in half, and drizzle a little chocolate sauce across the top.
- Kale Chips: Heat your oven to 275oF. Rinse a head of kale. Cut up the leaves into 1-1/2 pieces, and lay them on a shallow baking tray. Drizzle with some olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes, flip the leaves over, and bake for a final 10 minutes.
- Avocado Dip: Mash up one ripe, peeled, avocado. Add to the mashed avocado a ¼-cup of low-fat sour cream (you can substitute low-fat Greek yogurt), two teaspoons of chopped sweet onion, and ¼-teaspoon of hot sauce. Blend all ingredients by mixing with a spoon. Use fresh carrot or celery sticks for dipping!
- Sweet Potato Fries: A healthier alternative to white potato fries. Heat your oven to 425oF. Cut 2 pounds of clean, unpeeled sweet potatoes (about four small potatoes) into lengthwise-wedges. Lay them on a shallow baking sheet. In a small bowl mix together 2-tablespoons olive oil, 1-½-teaspoons chili powder, and 1-teaspoon kosher salt. Brush the mixture onto the wedges. Bake for 10 minutes, and then flip and bake for a final 10 minutes. Sprinkle ½-teaspoon of kosher salt over the hot fries. Enjoy with friends as this serves six.
- Popcorn: Need a snack with your favorite show or movie? Pop-up some unbuttered or light-buttered popcorn, and sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Tomato with Feta: Slice up two medium tomatoes. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle 2-tablespoons of feta on top.
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas: Heat your oven to 450oF. Drain a can of chickpeas. Add them to a mixing bowl with 1-tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, ½-teaspoon of sea salt, and a ½-teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Lay the chickpeas across a shallow baking pan. Cook for 15 minutes, and then roll the chickpeas around the pan. Bake for a final 15 minutes.
Want to be the first to know the latest happenings at Ladies-Trends.com? Subscribe to our RSS feed , follow us on Twitter, and Pinterest and like us on Facebook to stay updated!
Related Posts :
Easy Ways to Add Protein to Every MealAugust 19th, 2014
Bye-Bye Bloating!March 11th, 2014
Healthy Superbowl Party SnacksJanuary 28th, 2014
Top Immune Boosting FoodsJanuary 7th, 2014