9 Workout Moves for Killer Arms
There’s nothing worse than that feeling you get when you’re waving to a friend and you feel all your arm fat flabbing in the wind – ugh, can you say embarrassing?! Don’t worry though, you’re not doomed for life! Do these 9 exercises and you’ll be rockin’ toned arms along with those strapless dresses and showing off your new found confidence in no time!
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your feet together. Place your hands on the edge of the chair on either side of you and keep your feet flat on the floor
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees and lower yourself
- Straighten your arms and raise your body back up to the start position
- Lie on your back either on the floor or on a medicine ball and hold a dumbbell in each hand
- Raise your arms straight over your chest so the dumbbells are touching and parallel to each other
- Slowly lower your arms out to your sides, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- Hold for a second and then bring the weights back up to starting position.
- Lay on your back and hold a dumbbell in each hand
- Extend your arms up over your chest and slowly lower the weight behind your head
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your knees slightly bent
- Bend forward at the hips and extend your arms straight down from your shoulders, palms and dumbbells facing each other.
- Raise both arms out to the sides at the same time, while squeezing your shoulder blades together
- Return to start
- Hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides, palms facing forward
- Keep your back straight and chest up
- Bend your elbows and curl the weights toward your shoulders without moving your upper arms
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, straightening your arms completely
- Get into plank position, with your hands slightly outside of your shoulders
- Lower your body until your chest is a few inches off the floor
- As you lower yourself, tuck your elbows so that your arms form a 45 degree angle when your torso is in the bottom position of the move
- Note: if this is too hard, you can modify it by doing the plank position on your knees instead of feet.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand while sitting upright on a flat bench or standing.
- Extend your arms straight above your head with your palms facing each other
- Without moving your upper arms, lower your dumbbells until your forearms are parallel to the floor
- Pause, then straighten your arms back to the starting position
- Place your left palm and knee on a side bench
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand and lift your arm parallel to your torso
- Bend your right elbow to a 90 degree angle
- Slowly straighten your arm, pause, and then return to the starting position
- After you finish your reps on one side, switch sides and repeat
Side Plank Arm Raise:
- Get in a side plank position, lying on your left side with your knees straight
- Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm
- Contract your core and raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders
- Raise your right arm straight above you
- Reach under and behind your torso with your right hand, and then lift your arm back up to the starting position
- After you finish your reps on your left side, switch sides and repeat on the right side
Do 12 reps of each and then repeat 2-3 times. Can you say “welcome to the gun show?”
Related Posts :
Outfit Inspo For Your Leopard ShoesOctober 18th, 2018
Cute Distressed Jeans Outfit IdeasApril 8th, 2015
77 Gorgeous Makeup Ideas You Can Re-CreateMarch 24th, 2015
How To Match Your Makeup & OutfitMarch 24th, 2015
Fashion and Style Tips That Make You Look Years YoungerMarch 24th, 2015